The countdown is on, just a few more days away! Check out all that is happening in Clinton, Minnesota in July!
Help us to Celebrate Clinton at the Over 80s Celebration on Friday, July 6, 2018 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Clinton. The program starts at 10:00 am and is open to anyone 80 years of age or older. Click here to register by June 8th or call Paulette at 701-269-5927.
Parade Entry form now available
Click the link above to get your unit signed up for the Celebrate Clinton Parade on Sunday, July 8th beginning at 1:00 pm.
Alumni Brunch Registration
The catered Alumni Brunch will be held at the CGB Elementary School Gym on Saturday, July 7th from 10 a.m.- 12 Noon. All Alumni and friends of alumni of Clinton, Clinton-Graceville, and Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley Schools are invited to attend.
Alumni Directory Information Requested
As part of the 135th Celebration, an All-School Reunion will be held Saturday, July 7th. In 2008 an alumni directory was published and now 10 years later we want to update this booklet. It will include Clinton alumni from 1909-1986, Clinton-Graceville alumni from 1987-1994 and Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley alumni from 1995-2018. The book is now complete but we were not able to get everyone’s updated information. We will leave the page active for people to submit their information throughout the years and update if they move, etc. so we will know. There is also a link to a form on the clintonmn.com website and Facebook page that you can fill out and submit. Please forgive any errors or omissions as we have tried our best to contact people and include everyone!
Events Being Planned
More information about times of these and other events will be announced when more firm plans are made. A few volunteers have agreed to chair some of the committees and there is still a need for volunteers and interested people to assist with other areas of the celebration. The next meeting is at the end of March – watch for that date. Any input and and help is much appreciated. Fund raising Celebration buttons that will be sold soon for a drawing to be held at the Celebration.
- Friday, July 6
- 10:00 am – Over 80s Event Hosted by Trinity Lutheran Church
- 4:00 pm – Opening Ceremony/Flag Raising Ceremony at the Village Square
- 4:00 pm – Bean Bag tournament
- 6:00 pm – Big Stone Pedal Pullers Kids Pedal Pull
- 8:00 pm – Midnight – Custom Made Band at The North Star Saloon
- Saturday, July 7
- 10 a.m.- 12 Noon .- Clinton, C-G & CGB All School Reunion Brunch
- 12:00 Noon – Co-ed Volleyball Tournament at the North Star Saloon
- 10:00 – 2:00 – Kid’s Inflatables
- 3-6 p.m. – White Sidewalls Entertainment Please bring lawnchair – some seating available
- 9 p.m. Clinton Firemen’s Street Dance by the Northstar Saloon
Sunday, July 8
- 8:00-11:00 am Clinton Care Center Pancake Breakfast at Memorial Building
- Local Church Services as scheduled
- 8:45 am at Trinity Lutheran Church
- 9:00 am at Elim Free Lutheran Church
- 1 p.m. – Parade – Entry form available here
- Clinton Cards Baseball Reunion Pork Feed and Baseball Game following parade
Celebration Headquarters located at Clinton Community Room
Looking for Volunteers for the following shifts at the Celebration Headquarters: Contact Bonnie Stotesbery.
• Alumni Brunch Registration
• Memorabilia for Sale
• Reprinted Centennial History Books • 125th History Booklet
• 125th Cookbooks
• Alumni Class Directories
• Food Court all weekend
• Clinton Depot Open
• Other activities yet to be announced
Camping Spaces are available at the Big Stone County Fair Grounds
Fairgrounds – Contact Travis Fitzner evenings 320-815-6933 or email
135th Committee Co-Chairs:
Bonnie Stotesbery – 320-325-5551
Denese Gustafson – 320-325-5938